Terms of Service
Please don’t hesitate to contact us using the contact information below if you have questions.
Effective Date: January 20, 2020
Please note: this Policy applies to Acelerate, Inc. (“Acelerate”, “we”, “our”, and “us”).
Overview & Background
Our mission at Acelerate is to enhance visibility into digital channels for restaurants enabling businesses to reach their full potential. Our technology provides an easy way for you to connect your third-party marketplace, direct ordering accounts and other restaurant accounts to the Acelerate software application to better make sense of your digital ordering and delivery data. By delivering access to high-quality, usable third-party account data that we’ve translated and standardized, we enable restaurants to achieve full visibility into what has historically been hard to access, fragmented and disparate data.
About this Policy
Our goal with this Policy is to provide a simple and straightforward explanation of what information Acelerate collects from and about users (“User Information”), and how we use and share that information. We value transparency and want to provide you with a clear and concise description of how we treat your User Information.
Please note that this Policy only covers the information that Acelerate collects, uses, and shares. It does not explain what third-parties do with their own User Information (or any other information they may collect about you before you connect third-party accounts to Acelerate). This Policy does not cover any websites, products, or services provided by others. We encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices of those third parties for information about their practices.
Our Data Practices
Information We Collect and Categories of Sources
As explained in greater detail below, Acelerate collects identifiers, commercial information, electronic network activity information, professional information, inferences, and other types of User Information.
Information you provide. When you connect your third-party digital, marketplace and delivery service provider accounts through Acelerate, where applicable, we collect identifiers and login information required by the provider of your account, such as your username and password, or a security token. In some cases, we also collect your phone number, email address, security questions and answers, and one-time password (OTP) to help verify your identity before connecting your accounts. When providing this information, you give Acelerate the authority to act on your behalf to access and transmit your User Information from the relevant digital ordering platform, marketplace, delivery service provider or other entity that provides your third-party or marketplace accounts (we’ll call them “digital and delivery service providers” in this Policy). You may also provide us with identifiers and other information, including your name, email address, and phone number, when you contact us or enter any such information on our websites.
Information we collect from your digital and delivery service provider accounts. The information we receive from the digital and delivery service providers that maintain your restaurant accounts varies depending on the information made available by those providers. But, in general, we collect the following types of identifiers, commercial information, and other personal information from your digital and delivery service providers:
- Account information, including digital and marketplace third-party restaurant names, business names, location and business information, unique identifiers, restaurant identifiers;
- Information about delivery sales, including food sales, commissions paid, error fees, taxes, adjustments, and promo fees;
- Information about menu information, including item names, options, modifiers, categories, prices, descriptions, photos, and pricing;
- Information about transactions and deposits, including deposit amounts and location;
- Information about business information and locations, including addresses, hours of operation, special closures, and tax rates;
- Information about marketing programs, including participation in marketing campaigns, amount spent on advertising, return on investments, and new customers acquired; and
- Information about customers, including customer first name and last initial.
The data collected from your digital ordering and third-party marketplace accounts includes information from all your accounts accessible through a single set of account credentials.
How We Use Your Information
We use your User Information for a number of business and commercial purposes, including to operate, improve, and protect the services we provide, and to develop new services. More specifically, we use your User Information:
- To operate, provide, and maintain our services;
- To improve, enhance, modify, add to, and further develop our services;
- To protect you, our partners, Acelerate, and others from fraud, malicious activity, and other privacy and security-related concerns;
- To develop new services;
- To provide customer support to you, including to help respond to your inquiries related to our service;
- To investigate any misuse of our service or developers’ applications, including criminal activity or other unauthorized access to our services; and
- For other notified purposes with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We share your User Information for a number of business purposes:
- With digital ordering or third-party marketplace applications you link to (such as with another third party if directed by you);
- To enforce any contract with you;
- With our data processors and other service providers, partners, or contractors in connection with the services they perform for us;
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In connection with a change in ownership or control of all or a part of our business (such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or bankruptcy);
- As we believe reasonably appropriate to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, our partners, Acelerate, and others; or
- For any other notified purpose with your consent.
We may collect, use, and share User Information in an aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized manner (that does not identify you personally) for any purpose permitted under applicable law. This includes creating or using aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized data based on the collected information to develop new services and to facilitate research.
We do not sell or rent personal information that we collect.
Our Retention Practices
We retain User Information for no longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and used, as described in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law. As permitted under applicable law, even after you stop using an application or terminate your account. However, your information will only be processed as required by law or in accordance with this Policy.
Please refer to the “Your Data Protection Rights” section for options that may be available to you, including the right to request deletion of User Information. You can also contact us about our data retention practices using the contact information below.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and subject to certain limitations and exceptions, if you are a California resident, you may have the following rights with respect to User Information we have collected about you that constitutes personal information under the CCPA:
- To request access to more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we may have collected about you in the last 12 months (including personal information disclosed for business purposes);
- To request deletion of your personal information;
- To opt-out of any “sales” of your personal information, if a business is selling your information; and
- To not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise your data protection rights, where applicable, you can contact us as described in the “Contacting Acelerate” section below. You may be required to provide additional information necessary to confirm your identity before we can respond to your request.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period of time (and within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests, for example if we need to keep the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Changes To This Policy
We may update or change this Policy from time to time. If we make any updates or changes, we will post the new policy on Acelerate’s website at https://acelerate.io/legal and update the effective date at the top of this Policy.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy, or about our privacy practices generally, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Effective Date: January 20, 2020
What Are Cookies
Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device, which can be in the form of session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) or persistent cookies (which stay on your browser for a set period of time or until you delete them). They generally contain information such as website preferences, user settings, and browsing history. This information helps us recognize you as you interact with or revisit our Services.
Cookies may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we use first-party cookies to remember your settings and preferences, such as language and location. We also integrate third-party analytics cookies, like Google Analytics, onto our websites to help us understand how you are using our websites so that we can improve them.
We also use other technologies that function similarly to cookies. For instance, we use web beacons (also called pixels), which are small images on a web page or in an email. Web beacons collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies. In addition, we use local storage, which allows data to be stored locally on your browser or device.
- Essential: These cookies are strictly necessary for our Services to function properly. Some of our Services depend on these cookies and may not work properly, or at all, if they are disabled.
- Security: We use these cookies to help identify and mitigate potential security risks.
- Preferences: We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences, such as language and location, when you use our Services.
- Analytics: We use these cookies to better understand how you interact with our Services so that we can improve them. For example, we may use these cookies to determine if you have interacted with certain content or features. We can also use these cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
- Advertising: We and our trusted advertising partners use these cookies to display advertisements, to make advertisements more relevant to visitors to our websites, and to track the efficiency of any advertising campaigns, both on our Services and on other websites.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, since cookies can be an important part of how our Services work, if you remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Below are some options to control or limit how cookies are used on our Services:
- You can usually manage settings to remove or reject browser cookies manually within your browser’s configuration settings. To manage these settings, please follow the instructions given by your browser.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners may allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit https://optout.aboutads.info/. In addition, European users should visit European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance and Canadian users should visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada to learn more about how to opt out of receiving these types of ads.
Changes to This Policy
We may update or change the cookies (or similar technologies) we use from time to time. The most up-to-date version of this Policy will be posted on our website at https://acelerate.io/legal, and if we make any changes, we will update the effective date at the top of the Policy. We recommend that you check back periodically for any changes.
Changes to our legal policies
Our mission at Acelerate is to enhance visibility into digital channels for restaurants enabling businesses to reach their full potential. As a result, we’re constantly working to improve our existing services, and to develop new services that give customers the ability to optimize their digital performance, better understand third-party marketplaces and leverage insights to best drive business results and guest satisfaction.
As we make changes to our services, we review and update our legal policies to reflect those changes. Additionally, we may periodically revise and reorganize the language in our policies to make them easier to follow and understand.
Stay up to date by reviewing highlights from the most recent changes to our policies below. And if you have any questions about the changes, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.